To ensure member safety and security, Financial Plus Credit Union maintains insurance on member share and deposit accounts. These savings are federally insured up to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government – the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). NCUA is a U.S. Government Agency.
Shares and deposits held at Financial Plus Credit Union are insured up to an additional $250,000 by Excess Share Insurance (ESI). ESI is not affiliated with NCUA.
NCUA basic federal coverage is up to $250,000, but accounts may be titled in ways such as joint ownership or Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to achieve federal coverage of more than $250,000. The following example explains the amount of additional share insurance protection ESI provides to members of federally insured credit unions:
Who is eligible for ESI coverage?
- All members of Financial Plus Credit Union who hold share accounts are eligible for coverage through ESI.
Do members have to sign-up or enroll in program to receive ESI coverage?
- Members are not required to enroll in the program and no action is required. Once a member exceeds the NCUA $250,000 insurance threshold, it automatically triggers ESI coverage.
Is there a cost to members for ESI coverage?
- There is no cost to members for this additional insurance coverage. It is a member benefit of belonging to Financial Plus Credit Union. We value your business and the trust you place in us.
For additional information, please review the list of insurance resources below:
- “Your Insured Funds” NCUA brochure
- "Share Insurance Estimator" NCUA Calculator
- "Information About your Added Savings Protection" ESI brochure
- ESI 2018 Annual Financial Statement
If you have questions regarding NCUA and ESI coverage, please call our Contact Center at (800) 748-0451.