Discover flexible mortgage options with Financial Plus
Are you ready to start shopping for a new home? Our local mortgage experts are here to guide you through the process from start to finish. Our dedicated team is committed to providing you with the guidance, tools, and resources you need to make informed decisions and find the mortgage option that fits your needs. Contact us today by calling (810) 244-2134 and see what makes Financial Plus Credit Union the best credit union for home loans.
What you get when you finance a mortgage:
- Local mortgage expert to guide you through the process
- Competitive rates and closing costs
- Convenient payment options
- Easy online application
- Information about your existing mortgage loan (if applicable)
- Pay stubs or recent tax returns to reference current income
- Bank statements and retirement account balances for assets
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from our team. A Financial Plus mortgage expert will get in touch to review next steps within 1 business day.
Exclusive First Time Homebuyer Program:
Congratulations on taking the exciting step towards becoming a first time homebuyer! We understand that purchasing your first home can be both exciting and overwhelming. That's why we created our First Time Homebuyer Program*—to help relieve some of the stress and make this process as smooth as possible for you. If you qualify, you'll get to choose one of the options below:
- Option 1: FPCU discounts your processing fee AND you receive a .25% discount on the interest rate of your mortgage**
- Option 2: FPCU discounts your processing fee AND pays $500 or $750 of the closing costs based on the loan amount**
Conventional Fixed Rate
Lock in your rate for the entire term of the mortgage. Great for just about any buyer!
We offer more options like Jumbo, Rural Development (RD), MSHDA, and Vacant Land loans.
Financial Plus mortgages: Homebuying made simple
If you have never bought a home before, you might have many questions or be worried about the process, but you don’t have to be. At Financial Plus Credit Union, we have the knowledge and tools to bring your dream home within reach. We help first-time homebuyers, and experienced home buyers get started so they can start looking for their new home right away. If you are ready to get pre-approved for your home loan, contact any of our mortgage experts below to get started online!
Why choose Financial Plus Credit Union?
At Financial Plus Credit Union, we believe that home finance shouldn’t be complicated or overpriced. As a credit union, we have your best interests in mind, allowing you to get some of the lowest rates on first-time homebuyer loans in the industry. We offer:
- An easy online application
- Local mortgage experts to assist you with the process
- Low closing costs and incredibly low mortgage rates
- 24/7 access to your account & easy payment options
If you have any questions about the process, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Manage your loan with eStatus Connect
Use eStatus Connect within your digital banking to make payments and view:
- Payment due date
- Payment history
- Current loan balances
- Previous and current year-to-date totals
- Upcoming interest and escrow changes
Conventional Fixed Rate
A fixed-rate mortgage comes with an interest rate that won't change for the life of your home loan. Monthly principal and interest payments on a conventional fixed-rate mortgage remain the same for the life of the loan making it an attractive option for borrowers who plan to stay in their home for several years.
Benefits and considerations:
- No interest rate surprises - the interest rate won't change for the life of your loan, protecting you from the possibility of rising interest rates
- The lowest fixed rate - Conventional mortgages may offer a lower interest rate than other types of fixed-rate loans
- Refinancing options available - Conventional fixed-rate mortgages are available for refinancing your existing mortgage, too - and 15- and 20-year options are especially popular.
A jumbo loan is for someone financing a home in a highly competitive real estate market, exceeding conventional loan limit of $726,200 for a single-family home in Michigan. Jumbo loans come with different underwriting requirements versus a conventional loan and tax implications (see your tax advisor).
Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA)
MSHDA loans are available to first-time homebuyers state-wide and repeat homebuyers in targeted areas. All homebuyers work directly with a participating lender. Household income limits apply and can vary depending on family size and property location. Down payment assistance is available.
- Sales price limit: $224,500
- Minimum credit score of 640 required or 660 for multiple-section manufactured homes
Rural Development (RD)
A rural development loan is a low interest, fixed-rate loan provided to qualified persons directly by USDA Rural Development. Financing is offered at fixed-rates and terms through a loan from a private financial institution and guaranteed by USDA Rural Development for qualified persons.
When choosing to build, it's common that the land must be purchased before building the home. Vacant Land loans from Financial Plus provide the financing to do just that.
A Vacant Land loan is a great choice for future home builders who:
- Have a plan, but may not want to jump right into building a home immediately
- Have a building project that may be scheduled out a year or so in advance
Mortgage Loan Officers and NMLS Numbers:
Financial Plus Credit Union - NMLS License #586579
Rachelle Kippe - NMLS #423273
Brooke Taylor-Huey - NMLS #642942
Rosemary Boan - NMLS #1531295
Amy Ricupati - NMLS #674678
Sherrie Dalton - NMLS #629441
Derek Lewis- NMLS #2335785
*A First Time Home Buyer is anyone who has not previously owned a home and is purchasing their first home. To qualify for the program, the following criteria must be met with your Financial Plus member account: Checking Account, a Financial Plus Debit Card, established direct deposit with sign-up for automatic payment from your Financial Plus account. Some restrictions may apply. This program cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.
**$500 off for loan amounts below $50,000. $750 off for loan amounts $50,000 and greater.
Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, and collateral conditions. All loans subject to approval. See Credit Union for full details.